House Goetia welcome you with some Maids and death.....

    You are a weary traveler caught in a rain storm when you happen upon a quaint hotel names Hotel Goetia. You are greeted by a beautiful maiden named Marina who offers you food and walks you to your room, but with a fair warning she bids you stay in your room. I present to you my journey through House Goetia in You've been ReMAID by CRUMVIII and the demo will be available for public play soon! The Demo lasted about an hour or so and has some replay ability to uncover every ounce or lore in the hotel. 

    You've Been ReMAID is a single player anime light hearted stealth style game with a bit of a horror-esc twist has you playing an epic game of hide and seek with cute maids, that will drown, burn, stab and smash you to death, with a smile on your face of course. Navigate your way through Hotel Goetia to solve mysteries, puzzles, hide from the Maids and evade the brutal sentinels on the way. 

    I loved the atmosphere of this game is cozy anime chic mixed with that feeling someone is behind you and watching your every move. The map is full of intricate details that tell the story of the manor, read about the lore of House Goetia, cook a hearty meal in the kitchen hearth and solve the mystery for the house ghost and many more secrets to uncover. There is plenty to do around the map in the demo that left me wanting to know the full story. 

    The graphics are well rendered, colorful, the ambiance is drenched through the demo with fantastic lighting effects through the many candles and fireplaces through out the map. I loved the ambient sounds though, I have always loved sound design, for me this can really make or break a game for me. The sound design was extremely well done, the majority of the house is quiet other than the clacking on hard souled shoes when you walk or run, and depending what room you're in the vibe and ambiance can change, for example the kitchen has the crackling of the fires that rage in the hearth

    The puzzles were well done, and were equal parts challenging and fun, some of them really made me think. I really liked how Marina stalked me throughout the map and the hardest part in every playthrough was pick pocketing her! She always put me in her water ball every time! 

I wont be giving a score to the demo of You've Been ReMAID as it is not the final project. I do think you need to wish list this game and play it when the demo comes out. I can tell a lot of though went into this and I do feel it is going to be an enjoyable experience for those that like anime, that like fantasy worlds and who are looking for an all around enjoyable gaming experience!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Nigh is Grey and full of wolves....

Hi....I'm alive, dont worry!

The Blockbuster from hell: Rewind or Die