There is a giant bunny asking me to DYE him?

Easter is a holiday where we celebrate a man waking up from an extremely deep nap by dying hard boiled eggs and making our homes smell like 3 day old farts...

Dye the Bunny is a bite sized atmospheric horror game created by none other than Mr VidasTimore, it was released on April 13 2023 on steam for $1.99 and clocks in at a little over 90 minutes. For this review I will be using a 5 star system as the game is under 2 hours. 

We play as Ellie a young girl who is on the hunt for easter eggs. She wanders through her back yard grabbing colorful eggs for easter. On our journey we encounter a voice of a mysterious rabbit call to her asking her to "dye the bunny". Ellie travels through burrows and tunnels just like Alice traveled through wonderland. I really wanted to see more in this installment however DYE the BUNNY 2 - Demo expanded a little bit on where the story goes from here

The visuals were a mix of realism & fantasy. The realistic graphics of the home, back yard, houses and city scape transported the player to a small burrow in a big city till that realism is broken into 1000 pieces when you see a massive pulsating fluffy blue rabbit crawling towards you like a demon. The bunny is unsettling, and his varying textures and razor sharp teeth make him feel straight out of Ellies imagination or her nightmares. Did I mention the Bunny was unsettling?!

We don't see much in the realm of our MC or side characters in DTB however as I stated before we do see the Bunny and snippets of the MC but as far as characters go the focus of the game is on those 2. I would have loved to see the ending scene with fully rendered. 


SOUND DESIGN & VISUALS:⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4 /5

GAMEPLAY: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4/5

CONTROLS:⭐⭐⭐⭐4/5

STORY:⭐⭐⭐ 3/5 

CHARACTER DESIGN:⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4 /5

Overall Score: 3.8 / 5


FINAL THOUGHTS: 


I really enjoyed DTB and DTB2 - if you're looking for a short horror gaming experience Mr. Timore does not disappoint in this little horror nugget! I really enjoyed my time playing this game and it gave me many solid jump scares! I usually prefer shorter horror games 3hrs and under, as when I stream I can play a few games in one sitting. Mr. Timore is a legend in the horror community as when he asked me to play his game I was extremely honored - Mr. Timore is able to capture the same amount of story that you would find in a 4-6 hour game in 3 or less! I applaud that! 


PICK UP 

DYE THE BUNNY HERE


DYE THE BUNNY 2 HERE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Nigh is Grey and full of wolves....

Hi....I'm alive, dont worry!

The Blockbuster from hell: Rewind or Die