Visions of Concrete are dancing in my head!

When it comes to an action packed game of bloody knuckles meets fisty cuffs running around a literal concrete jungle. Concrete Visions is a debut game by Sam Marshall and Published by VoxPop Games it was released on April 2nd 2024 and retails for $1.99 and took me about 90-120 min to play.

The game is a PS1 style - pixelated fast paced beat em up thriller that leaves you on the edge of your seat till the final showdown. You play as our unnamed hero in the town of Stonybrook, you set our on a quest to rid the town of an unruly, cruel boss by the name of Malone! His goonies line the streets and you must use your fists, bats, guns and any other method to end their reign of terror and bring peace and serenity back to Stonybrook!

The gameplay is melee based, fast paced and not for the faint of heart. it uses WASD to move and R&L mouse buttons to control your fists. You can pick up a plethora of weapons (my personal fav is the bat) As you move through the multiple levels you inch your way closer and closer to the final boss. The game itself is not hard per say, but it is fast paced and if you don't pay attention to your health or ammo, you can most certainly die. ALOT.

The character design and overall world building was great and really brought back that same feeling of playing a classic PS1 title. The world wasn't so pixelated where I wasn't able to clearly see what each thing was, but it was defined enough for me to make it out. The music and sound effects were fitting and reminded me of games I would play with my cousin at the arcade. I was smiling the entire time I played it.


SOUND DESIGN & VISUALS:⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4 /5

GAMEPLAY: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4/5

CONTROLS:⭐⭐⭐⭐4/5

STORY:⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4/5 

CHARACTER DESIGN:⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4 /5

Overall Score: 3.9 / 5


Final thoughts: 

Concrete Visions is a game I did not think I would like - it was not my cup of tea. However I had an absolute BLAST with it! Sam Marshall did an amazing job wiyh this project and I am so honored he included me as one of the first people to play it! I have had the pleasure of getting to know Sam and I have to say - he is definitely a dev to keep your eye on in the coming years. Not only does he have FEARZINE - a magazine dedicated to the Indie Horror Gaming Community but he is a dev, scout and so much more! He is one of the busiest dudes in the industry! He was so welcoming to myself and community by hanging out in streams and discussing the game when we played it! He so graciously answered questions and engaged freely with everyone in chat!

I highly recommend this game if you're looking for fast paced fun and an arcade theme feel to your games! I promise you - you will be on the edge of your seat till the very end. 


Pick up CONCRETE VISIONS on steam here

Comments

  1. So glad you had a good time with it! Thanks for playing and for all the kind words Van!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Nigh is Grey and full of wolves....

Hi....I'm alive, dont worry!

The Blockbuster from hell: Rewind or Die